Friday, May 17, 2013

Oh, hello!

Okay.


So I started another blog and neglected the others --which were never updated. This time, I really really promise to update this one since it's all about my new found love: CLIMBING!

Last June 2012, Zaira and I decided to take up a new hobby which will let us burn calories while having fun. At the time, wall climbing photos were regular in my Facebook/Twitter feed while Zaira's sister, Louise, just had the sport for her Physical Education class in UP. 

We went to visit the Power Up! gym in Silver City, Pasig since it's near our place. We were disappointed, however, when the guard informed us that years have passed since its closure. (READ: outdated website!) It's a good thing kuya told us that there's also a climbing facility in Market! Market! We rode an FX which went straight to the mall and cliché as it may sound, the rest was history!

I've been climbing regularly since November 2012 and I owe it to my very generous NJ-based cousin, Kuya Emil, for sending me my awesome rock shoes! Even when Zaira had to stop climbing because of difficulties in her schedule, I had to continue. Once you own a pair, you will be forced to climb so the shoes wouldn't go to waste.

So yes... 

Below are some photos from our first month of climbing:
Me and a random kid. Halatang noobs
We wanted callus-free hands. So we put sports tape
Camp Sandugo instructors: Kuya Gerwin and Kuya Thibs (who would later become my Saturday night buddies)


Also, here are the wall climbing rates of Camp Sandugo (in Php):


Single Climb with instructor                                  50.00 
Unlimited Climb w/ out instructor(Kids)                  110.00 
Unlimited Climb w/ instructor(Kids)                        310.00 
Unlimited Climb w/ out instructor(Adult)              140.00 
Unlimited Climb w/ instructor(Adult)                   340.00 

Shoe Rental                                                      50.00 
Locker Rental                                                    50.00 
Wall Reservation (per hour)                                 1,000.00 
Wall Climbing Lesson (9 sessions)                          3,000.00 

Operating Hours (12:00 NN -9:00 PM) Monday to Sunday




ANYWAY. I should probably stop here lest I defeat the purpose of this blog by giving a full account of my climbing adventure in one entry. Hahaha

'Til next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...